The following information is provided by the Social Security Administration:
We determined that, under our rules, COVID-related financial assistance would not affect eligibility for SSI or the monthly SSI payment amount. Specifically, we do not count the financial assistance listed below against your eligibility or payment amount. We are reviewing SSI claims and other SSI records going back to the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to restore SSI payments for people whose SSI was affected by receiving any of the assistance listed below.
- What should I do if my SSI was affected because I received, or still receive, any of the assistance listed below?
- What should I do if I was denied SSI because I was receiving any of the assistance listed below or I had received the assistance and saved the money?
- I was not already receiving SSI, but interested in applying for it. What should I do?
- What COVID-19 financial assistance does not count against SSI eligibility or SSI payment amount?
What should I do if my SSI was affected because I received, or still receive, any of the assistance listed below?
In most cases, you do not need to do anything. If we do not need any information from you to restore your SSI payment, we will restore your SSI payment and we will mail you a letter explaining the change. We will send the letter to the most recent address we have available for you. If you have an appointed representative, or a representative payee, we will also send this information to your representative.
If we need information from you first, or if we need to take a new SSI claim, we will mail you a letter. The letter will explain that we need to talk with you at a scheduled appointment. If your SSI stopped because you received or still receive the assistance below, and you moved since your SSI stopped, please call your local office to report your move and talk with us. You can find the phone number by accessing our office locator.
What should I do if I was denied SSI because I was receiving any of the assistance listed below or I had received the assistance and saved the money?
We will contact you by mail to tell you what you need to do. You do not need to call before you hear from us unless you have moved since your claim was denied.
I was not already receiving SSI, but interested in applying for it. What should I do?
If you were not receiving SSI, and you receive, or you are thinking about applying for, any assistance listed below, you can apply for SSI without worry by calling SSA’s toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213.
What COVID-19 financial assistance does not count against SSI eligibility or SSI payment amount?
- Economic Impact Payments (EIP)
- State Stimulus Payments (Some exclusions may apply.)
- Unemployment Assistance (also includes regular unemployment)
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): Loan Forgiveness to Employers and Self-Employed Individuals
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program: Loans/Grants to Employers and Self-Employed Individuals /Grants
- Coronavirus Food Assistance Program – Direct Payments to Farmers and Ranchers
- COVID-19 Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance
- Emergency Rental Assistance Fund
- Emergency Assistance for Rural Housing/Rural Rental Assistance
- Homeowner Assistance Fund
- Housing Assistance and Supportive Services Programs for Native Americans
- Tribal Payments from the Coronavirus Relief Fund and the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
- Supporting Foster Youth and Families
- Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
- Emergency Assistance to Children and Families through the Pandemic Emergency Assistance Fund
- Farm Loan Assistance for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers and Ranchers
- USDA Assistance and Support for Socially Disadvantaged Farmers, Ranchers, Forest Land Owners and Operators, and Groups