How Our Lawyers Help Victims with Catastrophic Injuries in RI
Catastrophic injury victims face significant expenses immediately after an accident in Rhode Island. In many cases, the costs never stop piling up.
For example, hospitalization following a traumatic brain injury (TBI) can cost over $5,000 per day, and one-year costs may exceed $500,000. For those with a spinal cord injury, first-year costs average $334,000 to over $1 million, while lifetime costs are in the range of $1.5-$4.5 million or more.
Even if a victim has health insurance, medical expenses can quickly turn into serious debt. Many catastrophic injury victims are unable to work for a long time, and some are never able to earn a living again.
Those who are severely injured because of someone else’s wrongful actions shouldn’t have to worry about how to pay for medical care, but that is the outcome in far too many catastrophic injury cases.
Full compensation through a successful personal injury lawsuit is often the only way to provide an injured claimant with needed future care while avoiding financial hardship. Securing maximum money damages in a catastrophic injury case depends on an attorney’s ability to identify all potential sources of compensation after calculating the full extent of the victim’s current and future losses.
In matters of catastrophic injury, there is no substitute for experience. The Marasco and Nesselbush personal injury team has over a century of combined experience in resolving injury cases.
At Marasco & Nesselbush, our Rhode Island personal injury attorneys have helped many badly injured clients secure the money they need and deserve. We invite you to review some of our representative case highlights, such as:
- $1.25 Million Total Recovery – Recovered on behalf of an adolescent who sustained a TBI and orthopedic injuries when hit by a drunk driver.
- $1 Million Recovery – Secured for a client who sustained a TBI in a fall from a window.
- $925,000 Recovery – For a car accident victim who sustained fractures to the pelvis and leg.
- $350,000 Recovery – Recovered on behalf of a client injured in a rear-end collision. The client sustained a significant spinal injury.
Combining legal excellence with a strong commitment to helping others, we are dedicated to obtaining extraordinary results for each and every client. Contact us now for a free claim review and learn all the ways the lawyers at Marasco & Nesselbush help catastrophic injury victims.
Determining the Full Extent of Your Losses
In catastrophic injury cases, it is important to work with experts who can speak with authority about the amount of money it will take to make you whole. The lawyers at Marasco & Nesselbush often work with experts such as:
- Medical experts – Doctors and other medical experts may be called on to establish the cause and extent of your injuries.
- Life-care planners – A comprehensive life-care plan details the rehabilitation and long-term needs of individuals who have experienced catastrophic injuries.
- Vocational experts – A vocational expert’s testimony can help establish the injured person’s earning capacity based on employment history, earnings and benefits.
- Economic experts – Economic experts calculate the amount of money that will fully compensate catastrophically injured victims by looking at factors such as healthcare inflation and wage growth.
Finding All Potential Sources of Recovery
One of the biggest hurdles to obtaining adequate compensation is any single defendant’s ability to pay. Someone may be entitled to a large settlement or verdict, but if a defendant is unable to pay it, the claimant may still face financial uncertainty.
To explain how Marasco & Nesselbush seeks out all potential sources of recovery, consider the case of a car accident. The most obvious lawsuit target is the at-fault driver, but a number of other parties may prove to have played a role in the accident.
For example, if the at-fault driver was drunk at the time of the accident, it’s worth looking into whether a bar or restaurant may be liable for serving too much alcohol to the driver. Or, it may be possible that a vehicle defect led to the accident. In such a case, the manufacturer may be liable. If the at-fault driver was on-the-job, his or her employer may be held responsible for the accident.
You may even be able to obtain money from your own car insurance policy. If the at-fault driver had no insurance or not enough, you may be able to make a claim under your own uninsured or underinsured (UM / UIM) coverage.
Getting You the Care You Need
The assistance we offer catastrophic injury victims extends beyond legal matters. We have developed professional relationships with doctors, rehabilitation support workers, therapists, psychologists and other service providers who specialize in assisting people with debilitating injuries.
It’s not just the amount of money you recover that determines your future well-being. The quality of care you receive is equally important. In both matters, Marasco & Nesselbush is there for you.
Speak for Free with Rhode Island’s Trusted Personal Injury Law Firm
The legal team at Marasco & Nesselbush stands by clients every step of the way, from their initial conversation with our firm to the successful resolution of their case and beyond. We truly care about helping people. It’s the reason we got into law in the first place.