Marasco & Nesselbush Launches Brain Injury Prevention Scholarship Competition
Would you like to use your creativity to raise awareness about concussions, traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and other types of brain disorders – and have the opportunity to win money to help pay your college expenses? Here is your chance.
The law firm of Marasco & Nesselbush will award six scholarships of up to $1,000 to students who produce the best public service announcement videos about the serious problem of brain injuries and disorders, particularly among young people.
The competition is open to high school seniors in Rhode Island, Connecticut or Massachusetts, and students currently enrolled at a two-year or four-year college or university in Rhode Island, Connecticut or Massachusetts. A $1,000 first-place scholarship and a $500 runner-up scholarship will be awarded to winners in each state.
Entrants will create inspired and innovative 30-second videos that focus on one of three topics:
- Concussions/Head Injuries: Think Fast – These videos will showcase the most frequent causes of concussions/head injuries and provide information about what should be done if someone may have suffered a concussion.
- A Day in the Life of Someone with a Brain Injury–These videos will demonstrate the hurdles and successful strategies employed by those living with TBI or other brain disorder.
- Compassion for Caregivers – These videos will focus on the family and friends of brain disorder or TBI patients and the courage and compassion they show every day as they help their loved ones recover and cope.
A two-part selection process will determine the winners. Scoring from a panel of judges drawn from the community will account for 75 percent of the final score. The remaining 25 percent will come from voting on Social Media.
The deadline for entries is 11:59 p.m. EDT on March 31, 2015.
Tips for Entering
Videos should be original, creative and impactful. They can be witty or lighthearted, but they should remain tasteful, keeping in mind the gravity of the subject.
A clear message about the risks and consequences of concussions and brain injuries should be the focus of all entries. Videos should directly address one of the three topics.
A first-place winner will be chosen in each of three states, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts. Each first-place winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship. Second-place winners in each state will receive individual $500 scholarships.
The prize money must be used to pay for college tuition and/or education-related expenses at two-year or four-year colleges and universities in the United States.
Ready to Enter?
Here is what you need to do to enter the Marasco & Nesselbush Brain Injury Prevention Scholarship Competition.
First, send your video, application and a digital photo of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. The videos will be uploaded to YouTube and posted on Marasco & Nesselbush’s website, www.m-n-law.com.
Next, urge family and friends to visit the website, view the videos and vote for their favorite by sharing its link on Social Media outlets with the hashtag #PreventBrainInjury2015.
Winners will be announced in mid-April.