Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer
Unfortunately, accidents happen – and when they do, they’re usually the result of negligence. Either someone does something they shouldn’t (such as driving too fast) or they fail to do something they have a legal obligation to do (such as pay attention).
Accidents can result in the physical injury of innocent people. Our lawyers deal with those who have sustained serious injury every day due to:
In cases like these, our lawyers obtain compensation for lost wages, property damage and pain and suffering; in short, the impact that the negligence has upon our clients’ lives.
Consulting with Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyers
We’re here for our clients during every stage of the process. Our dedicated team of personal injury lawyers will evaluate your claim and determine the best course of action. Once you’ve consulted with our personal injury lawyers and chosen to move forward, we’ll begin fighting for your rights.
With an intimate knowledge of Rhode Island law, each personal injury lawyer in our office is a qualified, experienced professional and will be able to provide you with solid legal advice.
The personal injury lawyers of Marasco & Nesselbush aren’t afraid of big insurance companies – and that’s because the insurance companies know that if they’re not offering our clients a fair settlement, we’ll sue them and bring them to justice in court. Because of our reputation as highly successful personal injury lawyers, insurance companies would prefer to avoid going head-to-head with us in the Rhode Island court system.
Whether we settle out of RI court or not, you don’t pay us a penny until our personal injury lawyers win your case. In all personal injury actions, Marasco & Nesselbush charges a “contingency fee.” This means we will only receive a fee if we win your case and obtain a recovery or settlement. Ordinarily, our fee is 33.3% ( 1/3) of the total recovery. Our fee is always in writing and will be discussed at the time of our office conference with you. This is competitive with most other Rhode Island attorneys’ fee recovery scales.
Generally, an injured Rhode Island resident must file a lawsuit in court within three years of an incident. This 3-year time period is called the statute of limitations. However, our personal injury lawyers will be able to advise you if your case falls under one of these common exceptions:
- The ’discovery rule’ – the time period begins when the negligence could reasonably have been discovered (particularly in medical cases, when it is difficult or impossible for a victim to become aware of medical negligence at the time it occurs)
- Injuries involving a minor child – the RI statute of limitations begins when a minor turns 18
- Cases involving a person under a disability in Rhode Island
- Contract actions – for example, uninsured motorist cases have a 10-year statute of limitations because the right to recovery is based upon an insurance contract
Finding a personal injury lawyer immediately after an injury occurs is best; however, don’t assume you aren’t entitled to compensation if you haven’t called right away. Our personal injury lawyers will gladly investigate whether your case may fall under one of these exceptions.
Contact a Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Please fill out a contact form or call our Rhode Island office at 855-213-0404 for more information. You deserve a free legal consultation from an experienced RI personal injury lawyer – speak with us today. We have conveniently located offices throughout New England.
- Providence and surrounding area: 855-213-0404
- Warwick and Kent County: (401) 738-7700
- Woonsocket and Northern Rhode Island: (401) 762-9800
- Wakefield and South County: (401) 783-0000
- Boston and South Shore, Southeastern Massachusetts: (617) 773-8700
- North Shore and Northeastern Massachusetts: (978) 988-8800
- Connecticut: (860) 443-7734
The law firm of Marasco & Nesselbush, LLC, represents individuals and families in matters of personal injury (including auto accidents), Social Security disability, and medical malpractice. Our attorneys serve clients throughout Rhode Island at offices in Providence, Woonsocket, Warwick, and Wakefield. Our firm represents residents of Providence, Kent, Bristol, Newport and Washington Counties, as well as clients in Massachusetts and Connecticut.