Rhode Island Car Accident Lawyer
Traffic accidents happen in a matter of seconds and can change a person’s life forever. Car accidents are often frightening experiences, and can leave drivers and their passengers overwhelmed and with serious injuries. From minor fender-benders to serious rollover accidents and multi-vehicle collisions, individuals involved in car accidents are often left to cope with financial burdens, physical injury, and emotional trauma.
At Marasco & Nesselbush, our RI car accident attorneys have successfully handled thousands of motor vehicle accident cases. We hold negligent drivers and their insurance companies accountable for the injuries they cause. Our clients receive just compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, lost family society and consortium and other expenses and damages. With a dedication to excellence and integrity, we provide our clients with quality legal counsel and representation.
Causes of Vehicle Collisions
All drivers are responsible for following traffic laws and upholding their duty to operate a vehicle in a safe manner. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death among individuals ranging in age from 5 to 34. Motor vehicle accidents were also responsible for the emergency treatment of over 2.3 million adult drivers and passengers annually.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents involve the following:
- Talking on a cell phone
- Texting while driving
- Drunk driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Hazardous road conditions
- Vehicle defects
- Distracted driving
- Road rage
- Failure to obey traffic controls
Coping with Serious Injuries
Depending on the circumstances surrounding a crash, those involved often suffer serious injuries which may require months or years of medical care. Many crashes prevent those injured from returning to employment, leaving the injured and their families in financial ruin. The most frequently occurring types of car crash injuries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Muscular-skeletal injuries
- Burn injury
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
In addition, car crashes often lead to mental health conditions, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety.
Unwavering Commitment to Our Clients
With unsurpassed attention to detail, the attorneys at Marasco & Nesselbush provide clients with extraordinary legal service while developing a strong, effective case. Representing hundreds of auto accident victims, we understand the ramifications of being injured in an accident. Through diligence, honesty, integrity, and intelligence, we are committed to our clients’ financial, physical, and emotional recovery. To learn more about how we hold negligent parties and their insurers accountable, we invite you to review our case highlights. Please call one of our four conveniently located offices for a free consultation:
You can also fill out a web contact form for a free, confidential case evaluation.
What to Do if You’re in an Auto Accident:
- Call 911 immediately.
- Do NOT move your vehicle until a police officer says it’s OK unless it’s necessary for safety reasons.
- If you or your passengers are hurt, seek medical attention immediately. If paramedics, EMTs, or police officers advise you or your passengers to take an ambulance to an emergency room, do it.
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone who witnessed the auto accident (including other drivers and pedestrians).
- Get the names, addresses, driver’s license numbers and insurance information from other drivers involved in the car crash.
- If the person who hit you flees the scene, try to get the license plate number. Write down the plate number, state, and the color and model of car.
- Take pictures of the scene and damage to all vehicles with a camera or cell phone.
- Never talk with an insurance company (even your own) before you talk with your attorney. Call our office as soon as you can after your accident so we can gather the needed information and begin to document your injuries and losses.
Contact Us Today
Call us at 855-213-0404 for more information, or fill out a contact form to set up a free legal consultation about a car, truck or motorcycle accident. We have four offices in Providence, Wakefield, Warwick, and Woonsocket to easily serve you.
- Providence and surrounding area: 855-213-0404
- Warwick and Kent County: (401) 738-7700
- Woonsocket and Northern Rhode Island: (401) 762-9800
- Wakefield and South County: (401) 783-0000
The law firm of Marasco & Nesselbush, LLC, represents individuals and families in matters of personal injury (including auto accidents), Social Security disability, and medical malpractice. Our attorneys serve clients throughout Rhode Island at offices in Providence, Woonsocket, Warwick, and Wakefield. Our firm represents residents of Providence, Kent, Bristol, Newport and Washington Counties, as well as clients in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Boston and South Shore, Southeastern Massachusetts: (617) 773-8700
North Shore and Northeastern Massachusetts: (978) 988-8800
Connecticut: (860) 443-7734