Traffic accidents happen in a matter of seconds and can change a person’s life forever. Car accidents are often frightening experiences, and can leave drivers and their passengers overwhelmed and with serious injuries. From minor fender-benders to serious rollover accidents and multi-vehicle collisions, individuals involved in car accidents are often left to cope with financial burdens, physical injury, and emotional trauma.
At Marasco & Nesselbush, our RI car accident attorneys have successfully handled thousands of motor vehicle accident cases. We hold negligent drivers and their insurance companies accountable for the injuries they cause. Our clients receive just compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, lost family society and consortium and other expenses and damages. With a dedication to excellence and integrity, we provide our clients with quality legal counsel and representation.
Causes of Vehicle Collisions
All drivers are responsible for following traffic laws and upholding their duty to operate a vehicle in a safe manner. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death among individuals ranging in age from 5 to 34. Motor vehicle accidents were also responsible for the emergency treatment of over 2.3 million adult drivers and passengers annually.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents involve the following:
- Talking on a cell phone
- Texting while driving
- Drunk driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Hazardous road conditions
- Vehicle defects
- Distracted driving
- Road rage
- Failure to obey traffic controls
Coping with Serious Injuries
Depending on the circumstances surrounding a crash, those involved often suffer serious injuries which may require months or years of medical care. Many crashes prevent those injured from returning to employment, leaving the injured and their families in financial ruin. The most frequently occurring types of car crash injuries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Muscular-skeletal injuries
- Burn injury
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
In addition, car crashes often lead to mental health conditions, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety.
Unwavering Commitment to Our Clients
With unsurpassed attention to detail, the attorneys at Marasco & Nesselbush provide clients with the level of devotion their needs require and deserve while developing a strong, effective case. Representing hundreds of auto accident victims, we understand the ramifications of being injured in an accident. Through diligence, honesty, integrity, and intelligence, we are committed to our clients’ financial, physical, and emotional recovery. To learn more about how we hold negligent parties and their insurers accountable, we invite you to review our case highlights. Please call one of our four conveniently located offices for a free consultation:
Providence (401) 274-7400
Wakefield (401) 783-0000
Warwick (401) 738-7700
Woonsocket (401) 762-9800
You can also fill out a web contact form for a free, confidential case evaluation.
- Alcohol-related claims – when the person who caused the auto accident was drunk or impaired)
- Dram shop or liquor liability claims – when a liquor establishment over-served someone who then drove, causing an auto collision
- Wrongful death resultant of a car accident
- Vehicular criminal conduct – including hit and run auto accidents and reckless driving
- Uninsured motorist claims – when the liable party in an auto accident doesn’t have car insurance
- Ordinary negligence – including rear-end auto accidents and intersection cases
Whether your auto accident occurred in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, or Connecticut, call our car accident lawyers as soon as possible. After we meet with you (either in our Rhode Island offices or at a location convenient for you) and agree to take your case, our personal injury lawyers will work hard to establish fault to ensure prompt and full compensation.
Marasco & Nesselbush’s professional, experienced team of personal injury lawyers maintain continuous communication with insurance companies and adjusters to stay on top of your case.
How Do our Rhode Island Personal Injury Lawyers Obtain Results?
Our personal injury lawyers put their negotiation, arbitration, mediation and litigation skills to work on your behalf. We use these tactics to obtain full and fair settlements, verdicts and awards every day.
Do Personal Injury Lawyers Deal with Insurance Companies?
Insurance companies understand that unless they offer our clients a fair settlement, our Rhode Island-based personal injury lawyers will sue them and obtain justice in court. Because of our sterling reputation as personal injury lawyers who are willing to fight for justice, we are generally successful in obtaining excellent settlements for clients without using the Rhode Island court system.
- Call 911 immediately.
- Do NOT move your vehicle until a police officer says it’s OK unless it’s necessary for safety reasons.
- If you or your passengers are hurt, seek medical attention immediately. If paramedics, EMTs, or police officers advise you or your passengers to take an ambulance to an emergency room, do it.
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone who witnessed the auto accident (including other drivers and pedestrians).
- Get the names, addresses, driver’s license numbers and insurance information from other drivers involved in the car crash.
- If the person who hit you flees the scene, try to get the license plate number. Write down the plate number, state, and the color and model of car.
- Take pictures of the scene and damage to all vehicles with a camera or cell phone.
- Never talk with an insurance company (even your own) before you talk with your attorney. Call our Rhode Island office as soon as you can after your accident so we can start documenting your injuries and losses.
Call us at (401) 274-7400 for more information, or fill out a contact form to set up a free legal consultation about a car, truck or motorcycle accident. We have four offices in Providence, Wakefield, Warwick, and Woonsocket to easily serve you.
The law firm of Marasco & Nesselbush, LLC, represents individuals and families in matters of personal injury (including auto accidents), Social Security disability, and medical malpractice. Our attorneys serve clients throughout Rhode Island at offices in Providence, Woonsocket, Warwick, and Wakefield. Our firm represents residents of Providence, Kent, Bristol, Newport and Washington Counties, as well as clients in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Recent Car Accident Case Results
- $1.425 million - Wrongful death award secured for family of adolescent automobile accident victim
- $975,000 total recovery - Case against bar and drunk driver for family of injured adolescent
- $925,000 recovery - For automobile accident victim who sustained fractures to pelvis and leg
- $500,000 (insurance policy limit) - Wrongful death claim results in recovery on behalf of man killed in automobile accident
- $300,000 settlement - For a teenaged passenger who suffered compression fractures in a motor vehicle accident
- $175,000 uninsured motorist recovery - On behalf of youth struck by unidentified vehicle while waiting to enter insured’s automobile
- $150,000 pretrial settlement - Obtained for pedestrian struck by underinsured motorist
Click here for more case results.